Failure Analysis of Implants and Components
We study and determine the mode of failure of explanted implants using a range of specifically designed tests. The large database of information from previously analyzed implant revisions allow us for a more rapid and precise identification of the reasons for any subsequent revisions.
What we offer
• Macro and microscopic analysis of implant surfaces;
• Image analysis of in/ongrowth surfaces (LM, SEM);
• Fractography of structural failures (SEM);
• X-Ray investigative techniques (XPS, EDS);
• Wear assessment of bearing interfaces (CMM, Profilometer combined with a 3-D image software, Wear Scar Mapping);
• Corrosion Assessment (SEM, EDS, XPS).