top of page
Billi Research Group
Engineering devices and technologies to diagnose, monitor, and treat musculoskeletal diseases
Orthopaedic Biology, Digital Health, Musculoskeletal Research, Wearable Technologies, 3D Printing, Smart and Functional Materials, and Smart Textiles. Particle Analysis, Bone on-a-chip, Wearable Technologies, Sensor Fusion
Failure Analysis of Implants and Components
We study and determine the mode of failure of explanted implants using a range of specifically designed tests. The large database of information from previously analyzed implant revisions allow us for a more rapid and precise identification of the reasons for any subsequent revisions.
What we offer
• Macro and microscopic analysis of implant surfaces;
• Image analysis of in/ongrowth surfaces (LM, SEM);
• Fractography of structural failures (SEM);
• X-Ray investigative techniques (XPS, EDS);
• Wear assessment of bearing interfaces (CMM, Profilometer combined with a 3-D image software, Wear Scar Mapping);
• Corrosion Assessment (SEM, EDS, XPS).
bottom of page